Kansas City Royals (@1.9) vs Chicago White Sox (@1.86)
10-09-2019

Our Prediction:

Chicago White Sox will win

Kansas City Royals – Chicago White Sox Match Prediction | 10-09-2019 20:10

Chicago is 2-5 in Novas last 7 division starts and 0-5 in their last 5 games overall while the over is 6-2 in Novas last 8 starts against a team with a losing record. Kansas City is 2-6 in Duffys last 8 starts and 12-26 in their last 38 games against a right-handed starter while the over is 9-3 in their last 12 games against a team with a losing record.

= (Chances Game Going OVER) The C.O.G.O. percentage is based on both teams OVER/UNDER record, using both teams short and long-term OVER/UNDER records. After we process it through our math predictor, we then provide a CHANCES OF COVERING percentage for that game, which lets you know if theres any value on the OVER in that game. C.O.G.O. *Note: If theres a 60% chance of the game going OVER, that means, theres a 40% chance of the game going UNDER.

Spread: Kansas City Royals -150

In his career, Nova is 2-1 with a 5.17 ERA and 21 strikeouts against Kansas City. Dylan Cease took the loss on the mound, falling to 1-1 on the year after allowing six runs, four earned, on eight hits while striking out seven over six innings of work. AJ Reed went 2 for 3 while Ryan Cordell, Jon Jay and Jose Abreu each added a base knock as none of Chicagos five hits went for extra bases in the losing effort. The Chicago White Sox will look to get on the board after dropping the first two games of the set following an 11-0 blowout loss in game two on Tuesday. Ivan Nova will start game three and is 4-8 with a 5.60 ERA and 70 strikeouts this season.

Career vs. Misc.: 1-4 with an 8.08 ERA (35 ER, 39 IP) in his last seven starts, but he tossed a complete-game, five-hit shutout vs. the Chicago White Sox July 16. Red Sox: 0-0 with a 12.38 ERA in four games (one start). Last outing: Allowed six runs on six hits and three walks with four Ks in 4 2/3 innings of a no-decision, 11-9 loss at the Minnesota Twins Friday. Sparkman is 3-7 with a 5.58 ERA and a 51/24 K-BB ratio in 21 appearances, including 3-6 with a 5.96 ERA in 13 starts.

If he's still available in deeper mixed leagues, you might wanna pounce now. Dozier took Ervin Santana deep to give the Royals a 1-0 lead, and it was the fourth blast of the year for the 27-year-old. It can't hurt. He's playing above his talent right now with a .300 average and .959 OPS, but let's keep in mind that Dozier was once a top prospect in the Kansas City system. Hunter Dozier went 2-for-3 with a homer and a walk in a loss to the White Sox on Monday.

Tuesday

Kansas City as a pitching staff has walked 507 batters and struck out 1,096. The Royals have a 53-91 overall record this season. They have allowed 191 home runs this season, ranking them 17th in the league. As a team, Kansas City allows 9.6 hits per nine innings while striking out 7.8 batters per nine innings. He has 155 strikeouts over his 167.2 innings pitched and he's given up 179 hits. They have walked 3.6 men per 9 innings while striking out 7.8 per 9. They are 26th in the league in team earned run average at 5.12. The bullpen has an earned run average of 5.02 and they have given up 532 base hits on the year. They have a team WHIP of 1.47 and their FIP as a unit is 4.82. The Royals pitchers collectively have given up 1,357 base hits and 722 earned runs. Starting pitcher Jakob Junis has a 9-12 record with an earned run average of 4.94 and a WHIP of 1.38 this season. He's allowed 9.6 hits per 9 innings and he has a FIP of 4.68. Teams are hitting .272 against the bullpen and they've struck out 467 hitters and walked 227 batters.

He left his most recent start due to a left-hand contusion, but he is expected to make his scheduled start without any issues. Over his past three outings, he is a dismal 0-2 with a 5.28 ERA and 1.70 WHIP in 15 1/3 innings. The southpaw Duffy has fared a little better than his counterpart, posting a 3-5 record, 4.64 ERA and 64 strikeouts across 77 2/3 innings.

Chicago White Sox is all set to start with Dylan Covey as their pitcher against Kansas. The 27-year-old player is holding an ERA of 6.00 and is 1-5 on the season. Covey has made eight starts for his team on the season and the righty has been experiencing issues with control. Overall he has sent 22 opponent hitters to walk in a span of 39 frames.

Chicago Cubs at San Diego Padres odds, picks and betting tips

Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the advertiser. Activities offered by advertising links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions.

The White Sox have dropped three of his past four outings, and he tied a season-low with 10 hits allowed last time out in Oakland on July 12. Nova checks into this one with a 4-8 record, 5.60 ERA and 70 strikeouts across 106 innings over his 19 starts so far this season. The last time he faced the Royals at Kauffman Stadium, he allowed four earned runs, six hits and a walk with six strikeouts over 5 1/3 innings in a no-decision back on June 7. He has posted just one quality start across his past seven outings.

His goal is to break down the complicated trends and numbers into a language that's accessible even if you're not a seasoned sports bettor, providing comprehensive insight that can apply to just about everyone. Andrew has been with Sports Chat Place since 2012, contributing to football, baseball and basketball across the fantasy,college and professional ranks.

White Sox vs. Royals Game Notes

Our coverage includes all North American College and Professional Sports as well as entertainment, political and proposition wagering news. Copyright: The information contained on TheSpread.com website is protected by international copyright and may not be reproduced, or redistributed in any way without expressed written consent. Disclaimer: This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Individual users are responsible for the laws regarding accessing gambling information from their jurisdictions. We provide point spread news, odds, statistics and information to over 175 countries around the world each year. About: TheSpread.com is the largest sports betting news site in the United States. Any use of this information that may violate any federal, state, local or international law is strictly prohibited. Many countries around the world prohibit gambling, please check the laws in your location.

Royals: 2-1 with a 5.46 ERA in six starts, including an 8-3 win at Kansas City June 4 (5 2/3 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 7 K). Last outing: Had a seven-game win streak snapped, yielding four runs on five hits and six walks with eight Ks in 6 2/3 innings of a 4-2 loss at the New York Yankees Friday. Misc.: 7-0 with a 3.02 ERA (19 ER, 56 2/3 IP) in nine starts from June 14-July 27. Rodriguez is 13-5 with a 4.19 ERA and a 139/50 K-BB ratio in 23 starts. Career vs.

Id like to take a shot on Chicago and the plus money, but the problem is that the White Sox have had five crucial games to their postseason potential since the second half of the season started, and the White Sox have choked so far, losing all five of those games following Tuesdays blowout. Novas struggles against anyone not named the Cubs continued in his last start, as he gave up four runs for the sixth straight start against a non-Chicago team on the other side. I just cant trust the White Sox in their current form, so its Royals or pass for me in this one. Kansas City, and Duffy specifically, have had ups and downs this season, but the difference is that the Royals have been the better team in the first two games of the set and Duffy has some documented success over the White Sox in his career with a big enough sample size.